So, what I have done is compiled a list of things that I want to do with this money (honestly, I am not a list person, but when it comes to money…you gotta doooo eeeett!)
- Replace carpeting in the bedrooms
- Replace tile flooring with wood flooring
- Replace the fake cabinetry throughout the house with some good stuff (including bathroom vanities)
- Granite counter tops in the kitchen
- Replace kitchen sink
- Make our landscaping more appealing
- Buy a new stove and dishwasher
- Replace ugly-arse gold lighting fixtures
- New closet doors & closet shelving
- Annnndd I’d like to use a little to pay off a credit card 😀
Umm yeah, I’m pretty sure after all of that our money will be long gone! Haha. We don’t plan on doing all of that at once, of course 🙂 We are more DIYer type people so we will also save a lot of money on labor. Plusss, when it comes to selling our house someday all of those things are definitely well worth the money (hmmm I think I watch too much HGTV!). I feel very fortunate to not only have purchased a house in this economy, but everything is cheaper right now in regards to home renovations.
What do you think of my list? Trying to be as smart as we can with the money so that we will actually make way more off of it 🙂
PS…I still owe you a post on our, now, purple bathroom…coming soon I promise!!!!!!!!